Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lithromantic

Lithromantic:  a person who experiences romantic love, but does want or need the romantic love to be reciprocated.

My world has officially been rocked...

I've been confused about my romantic orientation for a whole now, especially since the possibility of romantic relationships has come up twice.  I've found that other people being interested in me romantically makes me very uneasy.  I mentally squirm when such feelings are expressed.

I enjoy feeling romantic towards other people and in my head.  It's warm, exciting, uplifting, etc.  I have mini-crushes all the time and love it.  

I wonder if my lithromanticism is related to my possible paranoid personality disorder.  I don't trust other people's intentions, so I guess if anyone has romantic feelings for me, my brain assumes they really are after something else...?  I think I used to enjoy romance, even though it would make me blush like crazy and make me bashful, so this may not be my 'true' orientation.

Whatevs.

Btw, lithromantic falls under aromantic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment