Sunday, July 21, 2013

Organizing My Thoughts!!!

Things I need to do...

• see a nutritionist
• get a diagnosis (autism)
• get more money from disability

Ok, now how do I prioritize??  I can't see a nutritionist without more money, because I won't be able to afford anything they recommend.  I can't get more money until I get a diagnosis.  So is it back to getting a diagnosis first?!

I'm so hesitant to try to get one.  I'm sure my mistrust of new people, especially psychiatrists, is a factor.  I'm also not sure if that's what I need to be doing first.  My fear and doubt is paralyzing me.

I may have a person who can diagnose me, but without contact, I can't necessarily know if I trust them or not.  The steps involved in making an appointment are...

1.  Write down contact info (phone numbers) for mom.  Explain that she needs to call, ask if he does adult diagnoses and then try to get an email address.

2.  If it works out, then I have to email him asking about how he does the diagnosis, scheduling, etc.

3.  Then I have to explain to my mom the plan for scheduling and hope I don't die when the appointment comes around.  I hate new places, so this is going to suck.

If he doesn't do adult diagnoses, I'll have to start all over again.  I suppose I can tell my mom to ask if he's aware of anyone who can diagnose an adult.

**sigh**

My autistic brain is annoying me right now.  >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment